The UPA's Usability Body of Knowledge (BoK) project is the subject of a special afternoon (12-5 PM) interactive session this month. The Body of Knowledge can become a valuable Web resource for usability and design, but only with your help!
At this event, you will get the inside story on the UPA's initiative to create a living reference for the usability profession, and participate in making it happen. The Usability BoK needs your help to edit and review existing information topics, create new entries, contribute your favorite useful links, and help design a usability reference site for the future. These things are easier and more fun when we do it together, and we all learn new things at the same time. The NYC UPA chapter invites you to help move the Usability BoK forward. Together, in just a few hours we can make 20-30 really useful topics available to usability practitioners world-wide! We all benefit.
We provide the space and the food. You provide your good ideas, experience, and camaraderie. You don't have to be an "expert" in any particular aspect of usability (although that's good, too!) – bring your enthusiasm and interests, and we'll work together to make things happen. Please bring your laptop computer if you have one.
The afternoon will include:
- An overview of the Usability BoK project, the topics, and the current web site
- Identifying what areas you are most interested in, and what experience you can share
- Small group activities focused on your interests, such as:
- contribute/review valuable web references
- final editing and publishing current "draft" topics
- focus on a single larger topic area, to draft its related sub-topics
- feedback and refining the design for the future Usability BoK web site
Please join Duane Degler and Lisa Battle from the UPA Body of Knowledge working group.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All skill levels and interest areas are welcome to participate in the free knowledge sharing session.
Please arrive by 11:45 a.m. to allow time for security and registration. Photo ID required for building entry. It must match the name on the registration list.
Location & Host
The McGraw-Hill Companies 1221 Ave. of the Americas (entrance on 49th St side)View Larger Map
NO EMAIL RSVPs ACCEPTED FOR THIS EVENT.